Rain, rain go away!

We've had constant rain, flash flood warnings, and low barometric prressure, is it getting anyone else?

No, thankfully I’m in Texas, But family in Alabama had a direct lightning strike on their house and lots of rain, My prayers go out to all those effected.

As do mine, Claste! So many are going through much worse than just rain! Good thoughts and prayers to all going through drastic weather!

I am thankful that the severe weather has not begun here in MN. I'll take the lake that has formed in our backyard from the rain over tornadoes or more snow!

Here's what is going on in my state from the rains!

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/landslide-swallowing-a-row-of-parked-cars-caught-on-video-222755740.html

Holy moly, SK! I saw that on the news! Glad you are safe.

We have too and yes that damned ole barometric pressure wrecks havoc with me. When I tell my rheumy she just looks at me like I have 3 heads. This past winter with the cold was terrible too. We went to Florida around Christmas, the temp there was warmer and I really felt so much better, so hopefully may 19 we will close on my home here in ohio and I’m moving to Florida at least temporary to see if my health improves any. Wish me luck because things in ohio are getting better, I’m getting worse. The dr has me on imuran and now wants to add methotrexate, it scares me to death. I’m planning on keeping my drs in ohio, I will travel back and forth for appts and my grandbabies are in northern ky so I’ll be going back and forth for them too. Not sure how it will all work, I just know that between my pulmo and rheumy I don’t think I’d still be alive. And they consult each other frequently, so I feel that’s good. My pulmo agrees about the barometric pressure, she feels like if it can effect animals etc why not humans too. So yes, it’s like a full moon effecting everything…it helps that I have a great x husband too. He feels the same about the barometric pressure too, his arthritis acts up when it goes haywire…

We had rain again today, not much, but the pressure is STILL low, then I fall in an hole in the yard, so I'm going to be a hurting pup tomorrow, well actually, I already am! It's just always something!

BTW, my Rheum suggested I move to a warm dry place, so he knows!

Ugh, I hate to think that I may ever have to leave my beloved Minnesota, but I know that day may come. Hopefully by then I'll be in remission!!

Yes, remission would be wonderful, cured would be marvelous, simply marvelous!

I have a member on the Sjogren's site who moved his ill wife to a beach on Mexico for her health! It sounds wonderful to me! I need the grand kids to go along though, but I could be packed quickly if they come along!

I'm in Texas, too but we've been getting tons of rain and thunder storms.

Not here in the DFW area we are bone dry already, hoping for some on fri. Our lakes are way down

It was a perfect day in Maryland today, except the barometric pressure is still LOW! And that means pain! I did take 2 walks today though!

Walks are good they tell me the more active I am the more it helps pain, good luck

We had severe thunderstorms all last night into the afternoon, and I've just about had it! All of my joints are locked up! Sunshine come back!

Oh yes, I always feel better if I can get out and walk!

The rain also bothers my entire body. I have dermatomyositis and the weather has a huge impact on my disease. I used to live in Maine. The cold weather in Maine left me in constant pain. I now live in Texas and my pain has lessened dramatically. So yes the weather plays a major role in my life.

Wow April - that was quite the move! So glad to hear that you have noticed such a big change in the way that you feel.

aprils07 said:

The rain also bothers my entire body. I have dermatomyositis and the weather has a huge impact on my disease. I used to live in Maine. The cold weather in Maine left me in constant pain. I now live in Texas and my pain has lessened dramatically. So yes the weather plays a major role in my life.

I don’t do very well in the cold and/or rain either. I live in southwest ohio, but I’m moving on Tuesday to Florida, the tampa area. I’m hoping it helps with my pain level too. Seems when my muscles get cold, there’s no turning back. Once it penetrates to the bone, I could just sit and scream the pain is so bad. I’ve got polymyositis and a few other autoimmunes as well as arthritis and fibromyalgia. Wish I could get massages, I had one a few yrs ago and I thought it was great at first then the second day on I thought I was going to die, I was in so much pain, then I ended up with a pretty bad case of bronchitis…

I'm sorry to hear about the pain that you have had due to the chilly weather, Wendy! I certainly understand being a Minnesotan!
I am actually going in to give a Reiki treatment a try today. We'll see if that can help my pain.

Safe travels on your move! I am sure that your sweet little pup will enjoy the warmer weather!

Maren

wendy krauss said:

I don't do very well in the cold and/or rain either. I live in southwest ohio, but I'm moving on Tuesday to Florida, the tampa area. I'm hoping it helps with my pain level too. Seems when my muscles get cold, there's no turning back. Once it penetrates to the bone, I could just sit and scream the pain is so bad. I've got polymyositis and a few other autoimmunes as well as arthritis and fibromyalgia. Wish I could get massages, I had one a few yrs ago and I thought it was great at first then the second day on I thought I was going to die, I was in so much pain, then I ended up with a pretty bad case of bronchitis.....

Hi Wendy,

I hope this turns out to be a good move for you and that everything improves! It's a beautiful area! I too wish you safe travels!

Be sure to come back to us when you get settled!

Wishing you well,

SK

BTW, we are under severe thunderstorm and flooding warnings AGAIN today! After it being 89 degrees on Tuesday, it's cool again! Twenty five degree temp drops at the drop of a hat!