"Flare-ups" with Myositis?

have had a few "good" days here lately, not sure if it is the workings of the Imuran? thought too soon for that..

but last night or early morning hours my ankles & legs had such an ache in them that I could not sleep! this is a different kind of discomfort than I have been experiencing with actual pain.

is this what you call it, a flare-up?

I haven't done anything strenuous, but I am stressing over the day to day problems, kids, car insurance, unemployment (benefits, a joke), etc. just watching my bank account get smaller and smaller without anything being put back into it..

this was such a deep ache, that I laid awake for hours, nothing made me comfortable, even after my husband massaged my legs, ankles & feet it was almost like my brain was not connecting to my legs and I couldn't move them for a moment, kind of a numb feeling?

anyone having this?

For me, inconsistencies, different pains were common. One or two days would be good, then the worst charlie horses ever. Or you couldn't do anything bcuz you were hurting all over and weak. I measured my progress weekly. When I had my flare up it came on gradually maybe over 2 or 3 week time frame. Went to Dr. Labs came back normal, 2 weeks later went back again and disease was active and had to start all over again. Everyone is different and you know your body the best. Make dris. Listen to you.

have dr apt on 02/16 have lots to fill him in on, thanks & have a blessed day

It sounds like a flare to me too. I’ve had those symptoms (including the diminishing bank account)!

I applied for disability and got it about one and a half years later, but it was a godsend.

I’m with Talkamotta, the labs fluctuate when you flare and sometimes they have to adjust your meds.

Good luck at the appointment, write everything (questions and answers) down! My husband got me recording my doc visits on my phone and it’s been very helpful when I need to go back and hear certain things.

I just realized your appointment was yesterday! How did it go??

Nichole Smith said:
It sounds like a flare to me too. I've had those symptoms (including the diminishing bank account)!

I applied for disability and got it about one and a half years later, but it was a godsend.

I'm with Talkamotta, the labs fluctuate when you flare and sometimes they have to adjust your meds.

Good luck at the appointment, write everything (questions and answers) down! My husband got me recording my doc visits on my phone and it's been very helpful when I need to go back and hear certain things.