Mechanics hands

I work in the healthcare field i have had dry skin before not like this,My dad work with concrete for years my hands look like his and when he had what he called concrete poisoning ,There cracking,splitting the cuticles are dry, and the thought of using hand sanitizer is painful

Is there anything out there to help ,I have to do a lot of writing and charting and my finger tips are killing me

I suffered that same thing for years. Granted, the mechanic's hands were a sign of dermatomyositis and subsequent other diagnoses which landed me in ICU for two weeks. However, I'm home and found something that works very well. I stumbled onto it while looking for something else, however I've modified it just slightly. Note that it does absorb fairly quickly. Good facial moisturizer, great for healing scars and can be safely used on pets!! A relative of mine uses it nightly to prevent leg cramps while sleeping.

1 c. unfractionated coconut oil (solid form, can be bought at most warehouse clubs)

1 c. olive oil

5 Tbs. beeswax pastilles

Heat above in double boiler at low heat until fully melted

Using (9) 2 oz. jars, add the following to each:

5 drops lavender oil (not necessary if you are allergic to lavender)

5 drops rosemary oil

5 drops peppermint oil

5 drops tea tree oil

squirt of vitamin E oil

squirt of jojoba oil

Once your wax mixture is melted, pour into jars. Set in a cool place and cover for 24 hours to set.

Hope it works for you.

I found that Aveno lotion is a tremendous help for my dry skin.

I experience this as well. The only thing that has been able to help me is a product called Amlactin XL (newer formula is called Amlactin Ultra, I believe)
While I cannot use it anymore due to developing an allergy to propylene glycol, this product was my saving grace for years!
I would put it on at night before bed.
Now, I use a steroid cream from my dermatologist that I rub into my cuticles on any Gottron's papules and then mix with a little hand cream to smooth over the rest of my hands.

Great recipe! I'll give it a try.

Please note that most essential oils cannot be used on cats - so be careful.

Devics Diva said:

I suffered that same thing for years. Granted, the mechanic's hands were a sign of dermatomyositis and subsequent other diagnoses which landed me in ICU for two weeks. However, I'm home and found something that works very well. I stumbled onto it while looking for something else, however I've modified it just slightly. Note that it does absorb fairly quickly. Good facial moisturizer, great for healing scars and can be safely used on pets!! A relative of mine uses it nightly to prevent leg cramps while sleeping.

1 c. unfractionated coconut oil (solid form, can be bought at most warehouse clubs)

1 c. olive oil

5 Tbs. beeswax pastilles

Heat above in double boiler at low heat until fully melted

Using (9) 2 oz. jars, add the following to each:

5 drops lavender oil (not necessary if you are allergic to lavender)

5 drops rosemary oil

5 drops peppermint oil

5 drops tea tree oil

squirt of vitamin E oil

squirt of jojoba oil

Once your wax mixture is melted, pour into jars. Set in a cool place and cover for 24 hours to set.

Hope it works for you.