Friday Favorites! Places!

It's that time again! We want to know more about you. So what are the top 5 places you would either like to go or have been?

If there are more than 5, put them down to, it there's a story behind your choices, let's hear it!

Here are mine:

5. Ireland (want to go)

4. Bahamas (Went for my wedding)

3. Australia (Want to go, I just think it would be amazing)

2. Hawaii (Want to go, It's warm, enough said)

1. Arizona (Just went for a friend's wedding, had a great time, loved the red rocks)

1. Curled up by the fireplace, snowing outside, wine in hand just listening to the silence.
  2. In an auditorium watching my grandkids compete in dance compitition.
  3. In a motor home just traveling where the winds take us.
  4. On a beach just watching the waves and smelling the salted air.
  5. Vegging with the family at the cabin, playing scrabble, gin,clue and dominoes.

1. Hawaii- would love to go

2. Outer Banks, N.C. honeymoon.

3. Anywhere in England (where Mark Knopfler is playing his guitar)

4. Winnipeg, Canada wonderful stay.

5. South Dakota. so much history.

So simple but sounds so blissful!! It’s the little things in life.

I’ve noticed since being diagnosed that I’ve been forced to slow down, so when I’m just sitting in the back yard on a nice day I try to notice every little thing.

Thanks for sharing!!!

human7777 said:

1. Curled up by the fireplace, snowing outside, wine in hand just listening to the silence.
2. In an auditorium watching my grandkids compete in dance compitition.

3. In a motor home just traveling where the winds take us.

4. On a beach just watching the waves and smelling the salted air.

5. Vegging with the family at the cabin, playing scrabble, gin,clue and dominoes.

I don’t know that I’ve heard Mark Knopfler play, but I’ll be checking him out on YouTube when I get home!

So it seems we have a trip to Hawaii to plan huh? :slight_smile:

Penny said:

1. Hawaii- would love to go

2. Outer Banks, N.C. honeymoon.

3. Anywhere in England (where Mark Knopfler is playing his guitar)

4. Winnipeg, Canada wonderful stay.

5. South Dakota. so much history.

Australia and Africa to see the animals. I'm an animal freak, Italy cause I'm part Italian. Been to Canada cause my daughter and her family live there. I love the fall colors, and all the diversity of people and restaurants in the area, so many cultures.

Nicole, I too find myself just sitting out back in the sunshine, watching and listening to everything, taking it all in as if I know my days here are numbered. I’ve also come to the realization , " things mean nothing". But nature,god, my kids, my significant other, my 2-4 legs are everything. I just wish I had enough money to make some really special memories with those that I love, memories that would last a lifetime…

Charlotte,

Is the Pantages Theatre in Toronto, Canada still around? I went there years ago to see the Phantom of the Opera with some friends. It was so nice but I hear mixed things, some say it's open, some say it's not…

Charlotte said:

Australia and Africa to see the animals. I'm an animal freak, Italy cause I'm part Italian. Been to Canada cause my daughter and her family live there. I love the fall colors, and all the diversity of people and restaurants in the area, so many cultures.

Completely agree Wendy. You see some people with so much money and no marbles. They just squander it away. At least we know how to live happy. But if we were had that money, some great memories for sure!

wendy krauss said:

Nicole, I too find myself just sitting out back in the sunshine, watching and listening to everything, taking it all in as if I know my days here are numbered. I've also come to the realization , " things mean nothing". But nature,god, my kids, my significant other, my 2-4 legs are everything. I just wish I had enough money to make some really special memories with those that I love, memories that would last a lifetime...

That I don't know anything about, sorry

Nichole Smith said:

Charlotte,

Is the Pantages Theatre in Toronto, Canada still around? I went there years ago to see the Phantom of the Opera with some friends. It was so nice but I hear mixed things, some say it's open, some say it's not…

Charlotte said:

Oooh! Good one, Nichole!

I am a HUGE homebody and I absolutely love my state! I can still think of some places that I have really loved, though.

5. I haven't been, but have always wanted to check out the Pacific NW Coast!

4. Puerto Vallarta, MX - love it!

3. Playa del Carmen, MX - love that place! The Riu Palace is one terrific hotel!

2. Sitting on a dock, on a lake with my feet in the water. Growing up in MN (Land of 10,000+ Lakes) this is part of life no matter where you live in the state!

1. Home Sweet Home! Love to be here with my little family. Whether it be on the screen porch with a breeze, or snuggled up on the couch while it snows outside; my pups and my husband are the best company!

Well, while we're all wishing, my number one destination would be to go to a medical center like on the TV show 'House', where you are diagnosed and treated by a top team of Diagnosticians and everything is addressed and 'fixed' before release!

Hawaii, you bet! I went to Oahu in my 20's, the plane trip was rough the entire way there, so I always said if I go back, it will be a one way ticket! LOVED IT! If I could get my son and grand kids to go, I'd put a for sale sign out tonight!

You'll all think I'm crazy, but I'd love to go back to Egypt, I've been fascinated with their ancient civilization from a young age! You can look at photographs of the pyramids and temples all of your life, but nothing prepares you for their magnificence! Anywhere there are ancient civilizations would be great!

I'd love to take my mom to a ballroom dance competition! Yep, get dressed to the teeth, have a few cocktails and watch them waltz, rhumba, samba...When my granddaughters were little they loved the 'swing' dancers, so I went out and bought them velvet dresses, tights, 'click shoes' (the mary janes' that had a little heal) I was also decked in velvet, and heels, and I took them to the Theatre to see the stage production of "Swing" It was fabulous! They still talk about it, so I had better take them too!

Holland, to see the tulips in bloom! My mom's family roots are there, and they are warm and wonderful people. I worked for 3 people from the Netherlands and loved them all!

There's a story there When we first bought our little cottage, I wanted to do a mass planting of bulbs and name it "Tulip Hill", so the planting began, this was when I could still bend and dig and plant. Well the wild life here like tulips too, as the just continuously dug them out and ate them up! As you all know there are ups and downs with injuries and illness, times of being down, so my husband taped men on the leg one day after I had laid around for days on end, and said if we still wanted to name the place, it should be 'Slug Hill'! HA!

Love this discussion, Nichole! Lets wish away!

Oh, there's one more place 'calling me'. I lived in San Mateo for 2 years, when my parents and baby brother came out we took them on the drive through Carmel, Pebble Beach, Monterey! I'll tell you, you can lose 20 pounds just 'wishing'!

Before I got DM I used to travel a lot for work, all over the world, I feel incredibly privileged that i got to see amazing places on expenses. For example, many parts of the beautiful USA, Kruger park in South Africa was an amazing experience and Australia really is wonderful Nichole. However, since getting DM I have no urge to travel whatsoever, but I did go to Barcelona for my 50th birthday this year, it was my first trip abroad since getting ill and I was nervous and it was hard because of the walking around but I LOVED it - Barcelona is just the best city, so:

1. Barcelona

2. Home with my partner Steve and ideally with friends and other family around me

3. My bed at home, snuggly and warm

4. With my daughter and grandkids anywhere (but not for too long as I get tired)

5. Allendale in Northumberland, it's stunning and I want to live there and its lawless

SK - you are too cute!

I love all of your places and the fun plans that go with them!

SK said:

Well, while we're all wishing, my number one destination would be to go to a medical center like on the TV show 'House', where you are diagnosed and treated by a top team of Diagnosticians and everything is addressed and 'fixed' before release!

Hawaii, you bet! I went to Oahu in my 20's, the plane trip was rough the entire way there, so I always said if I go back, it will be a one way ticket! LOVED IT! If I could get my son and grand kids to go, I'd put a for sale sign out tonight!

You'll all think I'm crazy, but I'd love to go back to Egypt, I've been fascinated with their ancient civilization from a young age! You can look at photographs of the pyramids and temples all of your life, but nothing prepares you for their magnificence! Anywhere there are ancient civilizations would be great!

I'd love to take my mom to a ballroom dance competition! Yep, get dressed to the teeth, have a few cocktails and watch them waltz, rhumba, samba...When my granddaughters were little they loved the 'swing' dancers, so I went out and bought them velvet dresses, tights, 'click shoes' (the mary janes' that had a little heal) I was also decked in velvet, and heels, and I took them to the Theatre to see the stage production of "Swing" It was fabulous! They still talk about it, so I had better take them too!

Holland, to see the tulips in bloom! My mom's family roots are there, and they are warm and wonderful people. I worked for 3 people from the Netherlands and loved them all!

There's a story there When we first bought our little cottage, I wanted to do a mass planting of bulbs and name it "Tulip Hill", so the planting began, this was when I could still bend and dig and plant. Well the wild life here like tulips too, as the just continuously dug them out and ate them up! As you all know there are ups and downs with injuries and illness, times of being down, so my husband taped men on the leg one day after I had laid around for days on end, and said if we still wanted to name the place, it should be 'Slug Hill'! HA!

What fabulous experiences, Suzedablooze!

I'm glad that you were able to do a little more traveling for your Birthday - but I can definitely relate to loving being home, too. I think that I hear my bed calling to me now! lol

suzedablooze said:

Before I got DM I used to travel a lot for work, all over the world, I feel incredibly privileged that i got to see amazing places on expenses. For example, many parts of the beautiful USA, Kruger park in South Africa was an amazing experience and Australia really is wonderful Nichole. However, since getting DM I have no urge to travel whatsoever, but I did go to Barcelona for my 50th birthday this year, it was my first trip abroad since getting ill and I was nervous and it was hard because of the walking around but I LOVED it - Barcelona is just the best city, so:

1. Barcelona

2. Home with my partner Steve and ideally with friends and other family around me

3. My bed at home, snuggly and warm

4. With my daughter and grandkids anywhere (but not for too long as I get tired)

5. Allendale in Northumberland, it's stunning and I want to live there and its lawless

Oh Maren, so glad you were able to go to Barcelona, I bet that was magnificent!

I had you pegged for a young gal in your 20's, so lookin' good, girlfriend! I'll bet those Spaniards broke their necks checkin' you out! ha! I tell my granddaughters that and they STILL blush! ha!

Haaha! I think that you're reading Suzedablooze's message in my reply! Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not quite 50... but I'll be 34 this fall! Haaha!

I actually have only been out of the US to Mexico (however I have been fortunate enough to visit several times). I haven't even been to Canada and it's only about 5 hours North of my home!

I would love to go abroad someday though. I'm crossing my fingers that I can visit a dear friends in Wales someday.

M

SK said:

I had you pegged for a young gal in your 20's, so lookin' good, girlfriend! I'll bet those Spaniards broke their necks checkin' you out! ha! I tell my granddaughters that and they STILL blush! ha!

Yeah, Im the old bag at 50

SK said:

Haaha! You're certainly not old! ;-)

suzedablooze said:

Yeah, Im the old bag at 50

SK said: