*Flagship* Friday Favorites! FOOD!

Thought we'd have a little fun and have Top 5 Fridays, or Friday Favorites!

Your Moderators will take turns each week putting out a call for your faves!

To start us off, let's talk about something that most of us love, food!

My Top 5 Favorite Foods are:

5. Cantaloupe

4. BLTs

3. Watermelon

2. Angel Food Cake

1. Mexican Food!!!

Have fun!

I love food, good way to start us out Maren!

1. Mexican (mostly tacos)
  2. Cookies
  3. Sweet and sour chicken
  4. Chocolate
  5. Pizza

Yes I realize nothing real the made the list !

UM! You gals are making my mouth water!

5. Shellfish- shrimp, lobster, crab

4. chocolate as in choc cake w/ choc icing and choc marshmallow milkshakes

3. Chinese

2. Thai

1. My Mom's gravy!

SK, I,m with you on number 1.

1. Shellfish, lobster, prawns.....

2. Jelly lollies (snakes, jelly babies)

3. A steaming bowl of Long/short soup

4. A nutty, toasted museili

5. Huge plate of steamed mixed vege's

Little curious on the jelly lollies, snakes and jelly babies, are they like gummy bears and such??

MicWal said:

SK, I,m with you on number 1.

1. Shellfish, lobster, prawns.....

2. Jelly lollies (snakes, jelly babies)

3. A steaming bowl of Long/short soup

4. A nutty, toasted museili

5. Huge plate of steamed mixed vege's

Gummy bears....I think so. yumm

Lol! My daughter likes gummy worms on her ice cream. I don't get that one!

All of these things sound great!

I should mention that if any items from my Top 5 are not readily available, I substitute with chocolate! Haaha!

MicWal, you must be British - my girlfriend in Wales loves Jelly Babies! Nichole - they're like gumdrops, or Sour Patch Kids (except sweet, not sour).

I like Twizzlers, but the older I get the harder it is to chew! Hard to find it and keep it really fresh too!

Maren, just a humble Aussie girl :-)

You list watermelon! I had the kids down today, the little one (4 year old great grandson) wanted watermelon, they ALL wanted strawberries, I forgot the whipped cream on my run to the store before closing time at midnight! So whipped some up! They had a ball, the little one ate nearly 2 packs of sliced melon, took the rest home with him, said he'd be back after the birthday party for the strawberries, he saw 3 more boxes in the fridge!

He also said the red grapes were good with whipped cream! ha!

Of course a lot of this hit the floor, I've mopped it twice to get the sticky off, still there! ha! I don't mind a little dirt, but sticky drives me crazy!

Is always wonderful to have them!

Hey Mic,

Never met an Aussie I didn't like!

You know, I could eat some good Mexican food! You gals have any good recipes to add to Nicholes' post?

I echo SK's sentiment! Glad to have you with us to keep our candy lists in check! ;-)

SK said:

Hey Mic,

Never met an Aussie I didn't like!

My favorites are usually the ones that I just whip up since we make it so often - I use a lot of lime juice and we keep it pretty fresh. Lots of guacamole, fajitas, omg - I can't talk about it any more! I am drooling! Haaha!

SK said:

You know, I could eat some good Mexican food! You gals have any good recipes to add to Nicholes' post?

I had a neighbor who had lived in Mexico teaching their children English, and she learned to make their 'traditional' foods! You talk about good! Chilupas were her specialty! Those were just 'to die for'! She even found a way to get their sauces, which was a feat back then, especially since we were in Seattle, and they were NOTHING like what we get here!

I'm craving Szechuan Dumplings today, Maren! Of course I don't have any in the freezer, and traveling the distance to get them from a frozen food section of the grocery store or a Chinese restaurant is just OUT!

I think I do have some bean and cheese burritos in the freezer though, sounds like a plan!

Not in any particular order:

1. Really good dark chocolate

2. Quorn balls in nice spicy tomato sauce on spaghetti

3. Coconut yogurt or icecream

4. Pineapple

5. parsnips (especially parsnip soup or parsnip fries)

I love pasta, it has to be fresh and a la dente, I eat it with cold tomatoes, cold rotel, chili on it, butter on it, marinara, just love it

I love Mexican food to

Pecan Lace cookies

Tomatoes