CPAP Woes

Hang in there, Nichole!

Thanks SK!

SK said:

Hang in there, Nichole!

I was rx a CPAP in 07 and using it extremely sparingly. I gave up after the first few attempts because I was a stomach sleeper and could never figure out a comfortable position. I had two mask; nose and full face. Was happy with neither. But at the end of 11 I took it with me on a trip mainly out of consideration for others because I was sharing the hotel room. Since then I have not gone to bed without it and it makes a world of difference. The energy level is amazing. Feeling and actually being fully rested is a feeling I've never had and it truly helps with Dermatomyositis. Don't give up on using it and try the nasal pillow. I have a friend who use nasal pillow and he likes it, but his wife prefers the mask so maybe he is not getting as much air as he thinks he is.

It's really helpful to hear this Carol. I get discouraged when I wake up at night and take it off. But it seems to really help me fall asleep (or it's the sleep medicine!)

I have until May 22nd to try the nasal pillows too, so I'll try that too, but I don't think I'll like something right in my nose.

Thanks again, I really need the extra support to let me know it does make a difference. I do travel sometimes too, and get really uptight about having to share a room with people!