Shingles help please!

Thanks for your help Wendy! The Percocet I'm taking, the bottle and pill says Oxycodone Acetaminophen 10-325, when I looked this up it said that it's 10mg Oxycodone and 325mg of acetaminophen…not sure how accurate that is, but sounds about right. The instructions are once every 8 hours. The Lyrica is 75mg 3x a day. I'll try cutting the Percocet in half and see how that works! I can't be on Lyrica long term. I can't gain a lot of weight. I know this will sound ridiculous, but I have had eating disorders and weight gain is an issue for me. Being on the prednisone and gaining 20-25lbs drove me crazy. I'm just now getting close to the weight I was before I was diagnosed. I will fight prednisone if that's suggested. I'm a difficult patient! Prednisone did pretty much save my life but I just don'e think I could take being back on it after getting used to being without it.

Well i can't keep my eyes open, so I'll talk to you soon, thanks again, I'll be looking into those patches. Right now hit first swr

It hurts when I put my shirt on in places that there aren't even scabs, so it's obvious that somethings going on with my nerves.

wendy krauss said:

nicole

as you build a tolerance to the percoset it wont make you sleep. im not sure what strength your on but cut them in 2 instructions say take every1 every 4 hrs then take half every 2 hrs. or if it say every 6 hrs take 1/2 every 3 hrs. that way, even tho your taking them, your not taking a full dose at once. ive been on percoset for 5 yrs and finally they don't make me groggy as much as they did in the beginning. the lyrica helped with my pain, but my hands swelled something aweful and it caused me to gain a bunch weight (which I don't need, because or arthritis in my knees getting worse with added weight). My background is medical, having worked alongside of different types of drs for the last 30 years, I hate to tell you, but the nerve pain could go on for a very long time, or it could go away as quickly as it came on. prednisone sometimes help with the pain too because of the reduction of inflammation, but as im sure you already know that too can cause other issues. have you tried ice paks on the areas that hurt? im guessing the arm pain could be also contributing to your migraines as well. also if your insurance covers it, acupuncture might help, something to consider. also not sure if you've ever tried aromatherapy, that can help relax you. lavender is wonderful for the calming effects. hang in there baby girl, positive thoughts bring positive energy, try to keep your spirits up....prayers prayers and more coming your way

Nicole

also try to get your dr to give you Lidoderm patches- that will help where there are no scabs and theres really no side effects like weight gain or any of the other negatives that come with taking pills. the only problem is you can only use up to 3 patches every 12 hrs. but the nice thing is you can cut the patches and as long as your skin is dry the patches will stick. its easiest to get them off in a shower too, rather than just pulling them off. they've been a life saver for my extreme muscle pain. on your percoset, since they are 10/325 you could also quarter them too that would be 2.5mg of oxycodone every 2 hrs until you get used to it then bump it to half every 4 hrs. that will help with the sleepies. I honestly wish I could take lyrica tho, it helped so much with my pain, but I swelled something terrible on it as well as gained weight. I guess it was making me feel so much better I was eating more than I should. I now take 15 mg percosets at bedtime so I can sleep comfortably, otherwise my pain is so bad I cant get comfortable. but hang in there honey. did you try the ice thing?

I have gel ice packs that you freeze the gel and its not lumpy and bumpy like ice cubes. I think walmart sells them now. sometimes I sleep on this gel paks because of pain, it helps too believe it or not. a lot of people say heat, but not for me, unless I get bone cold. keep an open mind too sweetie to unusual things you might not think would help. the very thing you would never dream of helping might just be the answer. let me know how your getting on.

Nichole Smith said:

Thanks for your help Wendy! The Percocet I'm taking, the bottle and pill says Oxycodone Acetaminophen 10-325, when I looked this up it said that it's 10mg Oxycodone and 325mg of acetaminophen…not sure how accurate that is, but sounds about right. The instructions are once every 8 hours. The Lyrica is 75mg 3x a day. I'll try cutting the Percocet in half and see how that works! I can't be on Lyrica long term. I can't gain a lot of weight. I know this will sound ridiculous, but I have had eating disorders and weight gain is an issue for me. Being on the prednisone and gaining 20-25lbs drove me crazy. I'm just now getting close to the weight I was before I was diagnosed. I will fight prednisone if that's suggested. I'm a difficult patient! Prednisone did pretty much save my life but I just don'e think I could take being back on it after getting used to being without it.

Well i can't keep my eyes open, so I'll talk to you soon, thanks again, I'll be looking into those patches. Right now hit first swr

It hurts when I put my shirt on in places that there aren't even scabs, so it's obvious that somethings going on with my nerves.

wendy krauss said:

nicole

as you build a tolerance to the percoset it wont make you sleep. im not sure what strength your on but cut them in 2 instructions say take every1 every 4 hrs then take half every 2 hrs. or if it say every 6 hrs take 1/2 every 3 hrs. that way, even tho your taking them, your not taking a full dose at once. ive been on percoset for 5 yrs and finally they don't make me groggy as much as they did in the beginning. the lyrica helped with my pain, but my hands swelled something aweful and it caused me to gain a bunch weight (which I don't need, because or arthritis in my knees getting worse with added weight). My background is medical, having worked alongside of different types of drs for the last 30 years, I hate to tell you, but the nerve pain could go on for a very long time, or it could go away as quickly as it came on. prednisone sometimes help with the pain too because of the reduction of inflammation, but as im sure you already know that too can cause other issues. have you tried ice paks on the areas that hurt? im guessing the arm pain could be also contributing to your migraines as well. also if your insurance covers it, acupuncture might help, something to consider. also not sure if you've ever tried aromatherapy, that can help relax you. lavender is wonderful for the calming effects. hang in there baby girl, positive thoughts bring positive energy, try to keep your spirits up....prayers prayers and more coming your way

I’ll ask about the patches… Right now I’m just taking the Lyrica daily and Percocet when I’m not driving.

I have used heat for this pain I’ve been getting under my boob (best way to describe it) like in my ribs, but it feels like the nerve pain and wraps around to my back. The heat sometimes helps but so does ice. Sometimes my skin where the rash is healing burns so I’ve been using this cloth my daughter and hubby found at the local sporting goods store. You get it wet and as it evaporates, it stays cold! Feels so good. Then I put it on my forehead.,.fell right asleep.

Thanks again for all the advice!!

Thinking of you Nichole and hoping that the shingles are GONE and stay GONE!