Coming Aboard as an Intern

Hi everybody! My name is Zaid and I am a new intern at Ben’s Friends.

I am currently an undergraduate student (and hopeful medical student) at the University of Toronto. I learned about Ben’s Friends through a medical school forum in May of 2018. Although I do have some past experience dealing with patients at a local pharmacy, I realized that I did not really have a grasp of what patient communities are usually like. To get a little more exposure and understanding about the patient experience, I decided to join Ben’s Friends!

Aside from academics and work, I have a deep passion for fitness and health that I have been pursuing for a number of years through rugby, boxing and bodybuilding.

I am always here in case you have any questions or if you just want to talk!

1 Like

Welcome, Zaid!

Zaid is our new student intern. His story is here, and he will be present on this community, initially to welcome new members.

The Ben’s Friends Internship program is intended to help students who hope to have a future in the medical field gain an understanding of what life is like for patients with rare diseases and conditions, while helping them gain skills in communication and relating to others. We’re pleased that Zaid has joined us, and we wish him all the best in his studies and his future.

TJ, Merl, Angela, Meli and Seenie from Moderator Support