Breakthrough hope for MS treatment could "switch off" autoimmune disease

Wow, this is pretty amazing stuff. If they safely made this happen in the UK with MS patients, it seems it could be possible for Myositis….Thoughts?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2741867/Breakthrough-hope-MS-treatment-scientists-discover-switch-autoimmune-diseases.html

Thanks so much for sharing this, Nichole. It certainly seems promising, and I would love to live in a world where autoimmune diseases could be switched off. It would help so many people.

It feels a little too good to be true… I would also love that. Can you imagine?

dancermom said:

Thanks so much for sharing this, Nichole. It certainly seems promising, and I would love to live in a world where autoimmune diseases could be switched off. It would help so many people.

I think if this would work for MS it should apply to other AI diseases. There is no doubt they are all intertwined...as you know I have MS, MCTD (with Scleroderma, RA and Lupus overlap) and Dermatomyositis. There has to be something out there to "deactivate" our defective immune system! I am in the process of trying a nutritional approach...just so many options and so much conflicting information. Basically Vegan vs Auto Immune Paleo...both very different but both with some interesting results.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the article...certainly would be great if we could live to see this happen.

Sounds

real good. What seems to be very promising as well is BYM 338 by Novartis. This drug is currently in stage 3 testing and looks good. I have IBM and for me this is a G-D send, it fights the auto immune problem and helps build muscle cells. I am in contact with the people at University of Miami Medical School and they have seen good results. If all goes well Novartis with FDA approval is shooting for end of next year. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Just imagining the possibility nearly brings me to tears! Thank you for sharing, Nichole :-)

Nichole Smith said:

It feels a little too good to be true… I would also love that. Can you imagine?

dancermom said: