Acthar?

Hi everyone…new to the group. I have PM that developed in my 2nd trimester of pregnancy. I prayed that it was just some weird hormone thing and would go away after delivery but it only has gotten worse. Dr is talking about trying Acthar…has anyone tried this?

I’m sorry to say I have not tried it nor do I know anything about it. Has your Drs tried you on imuran? Cellcept.? Methotrexate is another one? These are all the drugs I’ve tried, currently I’m on imuran and methotrexate. My numbers tend to be all over the place, so I’m not sure how well the meds are working. I guess as my son says it is what it is, right?

Vannessa I don't know about Acthar but I am taking MTX also and it helps my PM and DM and I have taken it for a long time now I also take folic acid to go with it, hope what ever you take helps you with pain. Good luck !

Hi Vanessa,
I just did a quick Google of Acthar and it appears to be something that is used often with people with MS to control symptoms - but if you have active PM, you will likely need an immune-suppressant as well to control the disease itself.

Have you been seeing a reputable Rheumatologist?
So sorry that you're going through this.

Maren