Raynaud's Disease

Hi all, I am still holding my own with this messy, every evolving disease. One thing that is always on the edge of being out of control is my Raynauds!! Drives me crazy.

Lately I have noticed my toes becoming quite sensitive, especially my big toes. I also see the nails are becoming a lot more curved, causing what looks like in grown toe nails. Because of the calcium and vitamin D supplements my nails are extremely hard. The last thing I need right now would be some sort of infection in my feet agh.

Is there anyone out there who has any experience with this? Any tips? I have attempted to cut the nails alittle down the sides however they are too sore.

Oh mic,

I am just getting over that exact thing, even after the Enbrel had been stopped! NOT FUN! I want them just taken off, when I get up the courage! I know it's going to just CRASH me, so I hesitate, of course, but it's the only thing I can do with these!

Wish I had an easier answer!

I feel for you,

SK

I was told it was a symptom of DM - Ive had it since I had muscle involvement in DM and get it even on the warmest of days. I hold my hands under my underarm and thats the best thing Ive found to help (make sure you've put your deodorant on that day though ;-)

BTW I still get it now, not as bad, even though I'm in remission

Lol, I put mine under my arms too or between my thighs (that one I try not to do in public much). I get it at the market when I touch fruits and veggies, I hate it. I started getting mine as my numbers were improving. So strange.

suzedablooze said:

I was told it was a symptom of DM - Ive had it since I had muscle involvement in DM and get it even on the warmest of days. I hold my hands under my underarm and thats the best thing Ive found to help (make sure you've put your deodorant on that day though ;-)

BTW I still get it now, not as bad, even though I'm in remission

Strange just about sums the whole of DM up

Raynaud's seems to cling to certain illnesses, Myositis, Lupus, PsA, RA, Fibromyalgia...

I have vasodilators that I can take to improve blood flow and keep gloves in the car, often wearing them in the grocery store! Sometimes I wear them in summer. I always have a jacket or sweater with me all through summer as some places are just too cold! I cannot tolerate a lot of cold air blowing over me!

I'm beyond caring what people think, you know?