Add your favorite recipes!

Do you have any recipes you want to share with us? Healthy or not so much? (I'm not judging!)

I just tried this last night, they were really good and easy to make!

My daughter named these "Mo-nuts"

Muffins that taste like doughnuts. (But without all the work and without the frying)! Now who doesn't love that??? What you need:

• 3/4 cup sugar (I also added cinnamon in my mix)
  • 1 large egg (I use 2)
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking power
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling (I added in a few shakes of cinnamon)
  • Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a muffin tin. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl. When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter (I brushed the whole muffin), remove from the pan and roll in sugar or finish them with any of the following : cinnamon sugar, brown sugar, nutella frosting or nuts and sprinkles. The possibilities are endless! Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!

OOOOOHHH! You're talkin' my language here! These look great and I love the nick name!

Home made rice a roni

2 cups jasmine rice

1/8 lb raw spaghetti, broken in 1" pieces

2 1/2 cups chicken or beef stock (I use 'better than bouilllon')

First brown the spaghetti in 1/2 butter 1/2 canola oil

Add rice, broth, lid on, boil, reduce to low until done

Sliced almonds optional!

Sliced almonds are almost never optional ;-)…thanks for the recipe!!

SK said:

Home made rice a roni

2 cups jasmine rice

1/8 lb raw spaghetti, broken in 1" pieces

2 1/2 cups chicken or beef stock (I use 'better than bouilllon')

First brown the spaghetti in 1/2 butter 1/2 canola oil

Add rice, broth, lid on, boil, reduce to low until done

Sliced almonds optional!

Cajun Chicken Pasta: My husbands favorite

This is a homemade recipe and I don't measure, I just guess depending on how many people I have. For 4, I usually do at least 4 breasts, and like 8 tomatoes or more. It is a colorful dish.

Cook chicken till brown in some olive oil. Make sure the chicken is dry and not all wet or it won't brown. If you like onions you can add it or chunks of garlic. When browned pour in the best cut up tomatoes you can find, stir in Cajun seasoning, some salt and some olive oil. Take off stove. You don't want the tomatoes mushy, just barely warmed. Sprinkle in sliced green onions and sliced pickled jalapenos. Put onto hot linguine noodles.